13 November 2012

Red red wiiiiine.

AHEM. Sorry about that. Couldn't resist.

So as well as my experiments with lemon juice soaking I did try a red wine soak too as encouraged by the 'InCamera Arts' group. However it was pretty uneventful. I did everything a little last minute to tell the truth. The shots themselves were just quickly done on the land behind our house. I'd picked up a little bottle of red wine on the way home. Nothing was especially considered for this. Which perhaps accounts for the poor results. I soaked the film for about 24 hours but I think the cold conditions of my room meant it had little effect on my film.

CNV00066
CNV00067
CNV00068
CNV00077
CNV00086
CNV00087
CNV00089
CNV00090
CNV00092
CNV00093

As you can see for some of the photos there's an obvious purple stain to the image and for others it has an almost tungsten type colouring to it. I'm tempted to give this another try but with the red wine boiled and maybe leaving it on top of the radiator whilst it's on for a few hours. But who knows. I'm a little torn between whether I like my experiments or whether I prefer to see what others do. The unpredictable outcomes is maybe a little too much for me especially if it doesn't feel like it's been damaged enough. But then again I'd probably be upset if they were too damaged. Don't think I can win here.

If you want to see the rest of the roll the Flickr album is here.

What do you think? Are you into the idea of film soaking experimentation?

Laters,

P x

3 comments:

  1. I was just wondering, when you've soaked the film, how do you then dry it for developing? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rinsed it under the tap then left it on top of some tissue for about a week or so. Jenn (stripeyflowers on Twitter) usually leaves her for about 2 weeks. If you have access to a dark room then you could actually open the canister up and hang it to dry for a couple of days but obvs there needs to be no light exposure. I think because heat helps cause a reaction then leaving it a warm place would probably be alright too. I know when people drop phones or mp3 players in water they sometimes put it in a cup of rice to help draw the moisture out. I'd be tempted to do summat similar by putting it in a cup of rice in a warm environment for a week. I've read some people have taken it out in a darkroom, hung it up and lightly used a hairdryer on it (like really lightly). So do whatever you think best really x

      Delete
    2. Ooh, thanks for your advice!

      Delete