13 June 2011

I told you...

I did say I wouldn't be one of those post a day blogs. However I didn't mean to leave it a week. And I've not even come back with anything substantial to say. Just wanted to post some work I've hastily just completed following a serious phone call from my serious tutor. I could rant on about college as I'm so angry at the way the course is run but I'll just post and go.

We were giving a mini brief to tie in the Penguin Design Awards. The brief was to plan, shoot and design a book cover in the hope of submitting for the competition. We were given this brief at a ridiculously late stage in order to submit for the competition and we were actually in Seville at the time of the deadline. Unsurprisingly I didn't submit for the competition and despite having planned the work never got round to shooting and designing. Until last week, when it's the final deadlines for our work and I have to hastily put together this friggin' book cover and I can't find the template anywhere. Needless to say I just didn't submit. Hence the serious phone call this morning, "you have to submit it or you won't get into 2nd year". Cool story bro.

So I've hastily put together this.


Definitely unworthy of any award except maybe "Shoddiest Piece of Work Done by a Student Following a Serious Phone Call from Serious Tutor". Catchy title no?

I'd go into explaining my design but there's little to say. If you've read the book then the photo relates to a plot point. The font was chosen because I like it. I left the spine white because I like that on books. It's as simple as that.

Anyways I'll do a proper post at some point.

But for now, laters.

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment