26 June 2011

Jollidays.

I've been having a mild shitter of a time recently. Nothing serious compared to what some of my friends and their families are going through. Just a bit of a weird beef with my dad over me moving in with him come September. It's all about an old bed essentially. Had a frustrating moment this morning where I'd called him, left a message asking him to call me back but he called my mum and didn't even ask to speak to me. He repeated this behaviour earlier when I answered the house phone, he just asked to be put on to my mum without even making any kind of small talk with me. Way to be a parent hey dad?

But in two weeks I can forget all about my dad and just enjoy my life again. You know why? Because I'll be jetting off to sunny Portugal! I cannot wait. I've been promised this summer in Portugal since the beginning of the year and we're finally going. Mum got fed up of waiting for my stepdad to let us know what was going on so she asked me to help her book the flights this afternoon. So at 4:45pm on the 11th we're off to Faro. My folks were given an apartment in the Algarve which is why we get to spend the whole of our summer there. I'm really hoping that a summer in the sun away from all my issues here in Manchester will cause a significant difference to my depression. I'm going to focus on my photography and remind myself why I love it so much. With my new 50mm lens and the array of film for my Diana F+ I reckon I'll come back a different photographer (and hopefully a better photographer).

I can't truly cover how excited I am for the 11th. I can't wait to explore a new country and photograph to my heart's content. Expect a few holiday related posts over these next two weeks.

But I'm signing off for now as I'm watching Jurassic Park on the tellybox as well as keeping my eye on a lens on Ebay.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment