2 October 2011

A small warning.

I've been back at college for just a little over a week now and I'm due to update my blog regarding all that so I'm giving a little warning to expect a fair few posts tonight.

So when I last wrote I was up at ridiculous o'clock ahead of going back to college to enrol again. Due to the excitement of seeing everyone again I didn't feel tired until I got home afterwards. But it was so good to see everyone. There were a few staff and course changes. Our beloved Lee Garland of Lee Garland Photography has sadly left the staff as he is simply far too busy with his actual career. This genuinely upsets me as Lee is a cracking guy and a lot of fun to have around. He's pretty stylin' too and can't resist jumping in front of the camera himself if he gets chance. But he has said he'll come back to visit us at some point. Plus he usually takes on a few students as assistants for shoots so I'll have to pop him an email soon time to remind him how great I am. He's yet to be replaced on the course but as far as I'm aware the plan is to have Jim Naughten come in for two days a month to work with us. He came with us to Seville back in April and our tutor has just spent a month with him in Africa so he's quite the friend of the course really. It'll certainly be interesting to have someone of his calibre to come in and give us advice. We've also lost our dry as a bone graphics tutor Max Gattie. He's no big name but he sure leaves an impression.

As for my class mates, well one of my best friends Jack has deferred for a year in order to focus on his assistant job. Of course I'm gutted about this but I think Jack has made the right decision. He'll get much further with his own career if he spends this time assisting than at college. He'll be deeply missed but thankfully I can always text him and call him a gimp whenever I want.

As for the rest of my class, well they're all the same really. I've missed the amount of laughing our class does. I imagine our tutors are torn between loving and hating us. We always get our work done but in our own time with a whole heap of laughing throughout. We haven't really been set any proper unit briefs yet though. We knew before we returned that we had to plan and produce a photoshoot of our own choosing. So that was the main thing we've worked on this week. But I'll write up on that later.

It feels good to be back at college. I still thankfully get my 4 day weekends as my schedule is full days Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm so glad the schedule was worked out like this rather than with silly half days here and there. It works out so much better for everyone like this. I already feel that bit happier having those 3 days at college a week. It doesn't seem much but being around so much laughter really helps.

I have a few more posts to write up about what else we've been doing this week but I'll do each separately. For now I'll leave you with this photograph. Says quite a bit about our class really.





Laters,

P x

1 comment:

  1. Have you popped off an email to Lee yet? Better do that before he gets wind of how fascistic you all (apparently) are. Of course, it could be mere moustache enthusiasm

    ReplyDelete