16 November 2011

Lomo Wednesday - hodachrome

Hey check it out, this is a scheduled post! No way! This is pretty spectacular for me because although I'm somewhat one to be organised I never thought I'd schedule a blog post. But since Lomo Wednesday is supposed to be a feature and I won't be around on Wednesday until late at night (when I will want to sleep) to make it and post it I figure I should schedule. Cool story bro.

There'll be a blog post on Wednesday evening's antics another time.

Right well onwards. Today's Lomohome belongs to hodachrome. This talented chap hails from Japan and I found his lomo home via the Lomography Twitter's tag of the day. It's a useful resource that tag business. The exact photograph that got me looking at his Lomo home is below. Followed by some choice favourites.









JUST LOOK AT THAT DOLPHIN PHOTOGRAPH! Can you believe that shot? It's like something out of a dream. Once again I've focused on someone who predominantly uses the LC-A without meaning to but this camera seemingly produces some of the best shots. Just look at these gorgeous saturated colours! There are just so many photographs to like in hodachrome's Lomohome. Interestingly enough I'd say about half his albums are shot using redscale film, the majority of which is handmade. Isn't that mad skills? The church and the sunset photographs were taken with redscale if you weren't sure. Aren't they super? I've seen some redscale photographs that entirely put me off the idea of experimenting with it but hodachrome's redscales work really nicely. Maybe it's a choice of subject matter as well. Sunset beach shots do look especially nice in redscale. All these photographs are outstanding and there are tons more to be found amongst hodachrome's albums. With each lot of fantastic photographs I find that the LC-A is responsible for I find myself lusting for it more and more. May well treat myself with the next lot of student loan.

Anyways go check out hodachrome's Lomohome. Especially the Dolphin's Dream album. It's insanely cool. If you don't like some of these photographs then I have nothing more for you. You can get away now. But let me know if you do like them! Until the next Lomo Wednesday folks...

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment