9 November 2011

Lomo Wednesday - upic

Sorry I've been absent for a week. Things haven't been too dandy on the home front so haven't felt much like blogging. However I have returned and shall hopefully continue with some regular posts from here on out.

After last week's post I decided I'd make a bit of a feature of showing off some of my favourites Lomographers. These posts will always be on a Wednesday hence Lomo Wednesday!

So this week's Lomographer is upic. I can't say I remember rightly how I found upic's Lomohome. I suspect it was through the Lomography Twitter as they do a camera/film/tag of the day post every day. Not that any of that matters. The important thing here is the photographs. So on we go to some examples. As with last week these are my favourites.








I'm sure you can see from this selection of photographs why I picked upic to feature here. Her photographs are ridiculously beautiful. Just look at those colours! I'm not sure how exactly she gets colours as rich as she does, a combination of film choice and perhaps cross processing? The majority of these were taken on the LC-A+ which I'm trying not to show a preference for but can't quite avoid. It just seems such a fantastic camera to work with. It's hard to believe a film camera can produce such gorgeous photographs but upic's Lomohome is further proof of the LC-A's prowess. It was really hard for me to limit my selection to the few seen here. I seriously encourage you to check out her Lomohome because she has a heap of albums to browse through including some really great photographs of India. Judging from her albums upic does her fair share of travelling and I think the combination of analogue and travel photography is a match made in heaven.

There we have it, another Lomo Wednesday done. I hope you all enjoy these shots. Check out more of upic's work at her Lomohome - upic at Lomography. Makes you want to hop on the next plane out with nothing but your film cameras and a suitcase of films.

Laters,

P x

1 comment:

  1. The last picture is so beautiful, hard to believe it's not been heavily edited!x

    ReplyDelete