13 November 2011

Sentimental Sunday.

My mum recently gave me 4 packets of old photographs, all of which contained photos of me as a baby. I really love looking through old photographs from my childhood and my mum's life before us kids. She's got a suitcase full of them which she keeps asking me if I want. Now I did originally last night write up a huge post featuring a selection of some of the photos I got given but felt the post was too big and the fun of looking at these old photos was lost. So I've decided I'll make a Sunday feature of posting some photographs from my childhood or my family's past. It's a little self indulgent of me but then again it is my blog.

So here we go.


I am about 2 days old in this photograph. You possibly wouldn't think it to look at me though. I was a big baby, a 10lb bundle of annoyed. Seriously I scowled at my mum when I was handed to her right after being born.


My brother always wanted to carry me around apparently but mum didn't think his 5 year old arms could handle fatty me. So there's a lot of photos of me on his lap or lying down next to him. My dad looks so funny to me in this photograph.


Look at the pure adoration in my tiny eyes. I idolised my brother when we were kids. Mum's told me numerous times that when most kids started to talk I didn't bother. My brother would do all my talking for me. He told my parents when I wanted something and what it was I wanted. Usually this was also a way for him to get things and it worked pretty effectively.

Well that's it for the first Sentimental Sunday. I know I've enjoyed myself. I suspect you might not have. But I do hope it encourages you to look through some of your own family photographs and have a little sentimental moment of your own.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment