31 July 2012

A Film Day Out

I like to imagine that children growing up in the North of Manchester will have at some point been to Heaton Park for a day out. And if not then I think as adults they should make a concentrated effort to rectify this. As a child we went countless times with frisbees, picnics, kites, bikes, and dogs. As an adult I've been a few times either with family, friends or on my own. During my blog haitus I wanted to give my Pentax K1000 a proper good testing so considering the weather was nice I took myself for an amble around Heaton Park. Despite living on the edge of a massive country park I never quite feel safe walking in the depths of it on my own so Heaton Park is a safe alternative.

Considering this was supposed to be a test run for my Pentax K1000 and I wasn't 100% it was fully functioning I managed to shoot my way through 3 rolls of film during my walk. I took them to Jessops afterwards for developing where luckily someone I knew was working so I was generously given a discount. Below are some of my favourite shots from the walk.

CNV00007
CNV00015
CNV00017
CNV00003
CNV00005
CNV00016
CNV00004
CNV00021


As you can see thankfully the Pentax K1000 works perfectly. You'll see how it's near enough my go to camera when it comes to shooting when I post more of the photographs I've been taking whilst not blogging. It's incredibly easy to handle. I think the next step would be to invest in lenses for it so I can work with it as a whole kit. A nice wide angle lens would be great.

Anyways, hope you've enjoyed these shots. More can be seen on my Flickr here. Feedback is always welcome.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment