31 July 2012

In Tents

If I told you I'd managed to have a few days holiday during my haitus what would you imagine? Would you imagine a short trip to somewhere European? A cultural weekend of art, food and beer? That'd be nice right? Whilst I did manage a few days holiday I shall confess we remained entirely on home soil and didn't even make it to a hotel. In fact we went camping. In Newquay. During a week forecasted to rain. And it was great.

This was my third trip to Newquay. Every time I've been I've camped. Thankfully I've been brought up with a healthy dose of camping holidays and festivals so I'm used to the camping lifestyle. In fact I would even go so far as to say I enjoy it. Utter madness.

The Pentax K1000 was once again the camera of choice. These are some of my favourite photos from the week.


It was nice to have a week off from everything even if we had gale force winds and I was pretty convinced we were going to end up in Oz. Yeah it might not have been the best weather but the company was exceptional and a good time was had by all. Especially on our last night when we got pretty drunk and did some pretty interesting dancing in Walkabout. Won't pretend that coming home to sleep in a proper bed and have a long shower wasn't the best feeling ever though.

There's a few more Newquay photos to be seen here. More will be added to that album eventually when I finish the partial roll I have in the Pentax K1000.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment