31 July 2012

I Heart London

As a Northerner I feel like I should be instinctively against the South but I am not ashamed to say that I do indeed love London. There is a sweetness to wandering around London in the summer that I simply don't ever feel here in Manchester. So I was pretty delighted when as part of the trip down South to Brighton we were going to do a little day trip to London. Now initially the idea was to meet up with our collective friends, have a little city wander then go see the David Shrigley exhibition at the Southbank Centre. As the saying goes the best laid plans often go awry. However it was still a thoroughly enjoyable trip to London. Met up with one of my best friends whilst the boyfriend (who was not my boyfriend at the time) met up with one of his old uni housemates. We had a good tourist style wander before 3 of us found our way onto a pub boat and remained there until we had to return to Brighton. Trekking miles around London did leave our little legs knackered and I was practically crying for sleep by the time we got back to Brighton. In fact how tired we were kind of ruined Saturday night's Brighton plans which I would feel bad about if someone hadn't annoyed me beyond belief.

Before you ask, yes these were taken with my Pentax K1000. See what I mean about it being my go to camera?


I'm hopefully going to London at least two more times this year, in August and December so I'm looking forward to more photographic adventures in the big city. Will try take a different camera but I won't promise.

The rest of my London shots can be seen here.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment