31 July 2012

By the Seaside

Many weeks back my boyfriend (who at the time was not my boyfriend) sent an email out asking if anyone fancied a trip down to Brighton/London for a weekend. The plan was to go to Brighton for a particular part of the Great Escape Festival on the Friday evening, go to London during Saturday day with another jaunt to the Great Escape Festival on Saturday evening and then a sleepy return to Manchester on the Sunday. I told myself providing I could get a job I'd applied for I would totally go along. Although I didn't get the job I'd applied for I did get a temp job instead so I allowed myself this trip to Brighton/London anyways. Not only was it a trip to somewhere I'd always wanted to go with many photo opportunities AND a trip to my favourite UK city where I could meet up with one of my best friends, it was also a chance to spend more time with my boyfriend (who at the time was not my boyfriend). A hostel was booked, trains were booked, all the plans were made and we were good to go. As the trip was a two parter I'll write first about Brighton then pop London in a different post.

Brighton is one of those UK cities that I have always seen/heard/read a lot about. I have friends who go there every year for Brighton Pride, read Brighton based blogs and envy anyone who is able to get to Kevin Meredith's Hot Shots course which is funnily enough based in Brighton. From an amateur photographer's point of view it seems well set up to provide plenty of photographic inspiration. I couldn't not go could I?

I may have overpacked somewhat as I did take my Canon 450D, my LC-A+ and my Pentax K1000. Only the Pentax got used. Well that and my iPhone. Anyways I felt it's better to have too many cameras rather than not enough. Same with film, I took way too many rolls but didn't take enough photos.

Here are my favourite shots.


Brighton was great. Despite being overwhelmingly exhausted from the excruciating lack of sleep we all managed to have a top time regardless. I would definitely go back there again for a less tiring weekend as I'd love to see more of the city centre and the surrounding areas. We stayed in Hove but saw little of Hove itself other than our hostel and the walk to/from the train station there. If you haven't been then I thoroughly recommend a trip. Just watch out for the seagulls on the pier.

There's more photos from Brighton to be seen here.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment