13 August 2012

Grain Pain

Remember last week how I said I took some shots of the Manchester LomoWall? Well I got the film developed at Jessops on Tuesday. Now so far I have had absolutely no issues with Jessops. They've always done an alright job with whatever films I've given them. But this time I think they perhaps messed up. I say that because I can't imagine how I could have. I took the following shots on my LC-A+ which if you didn't know is an auto-exposure camera. I had it set to the correct ISO and it was only a mildly overcast day. So why then have my shots come out like this?



It has been suggested that it could have been down to my film choice. I used an ISO400 film but it may have been a little out of date? I've never had a problem using old film before though. Used a lot of expired film in Portugal last year in my Diana F+ and never had such grain show up.

It's fair to say I'm pretty gutted about these. The launch party was so much fun and I was looking forward to having these shots to remember it by. But this grain is so off-putting. I ended up taking myself over there on my lunch a day or two after to shoot another roll. Hopefully those will turn out better. I handed that in to the Manchester Lomography store to be sent to the London LomoLab. Should be picking those up later this week. Fingers crossed.

Going to have a whopping amount of shots to share over the few weeks. I went to London this past weekend and got through a record breaking 10 rolls. Once I've sent them all off for developing then I'll naturally be posting them here. I'll do it bit by bit though. Until then if you shed any light on why these shots have turned out so badly then feel free to leave a comment.

Laters,

P x

1 comment: