6 August 2012

Manchester's LomoWall

Back in May the folks at Lomography put out an article asking for submissions for a Manchester LomoWall. The wall itself was to be the first public LomoWall outside of London, 30m long made up of approximately 14,000 photographs. As part of a bigger, ongoing festival the over riding theme was water however they were accepting photos that reflected the area in general as well. Yours truly submitted some photographs and found out a couple of weeks back then they'd been used! Pretty exciting right?

Naturally this meant I had to go to the launch party for the LomoWall and see if I could spot my shots amongst the thousands.


Looks pretty amazing right? I feel pretty proud to have so many of my shots on the LomoWall. I think there's about 10 or 11 of mine up there though they've used each shot at least 6 times.

Despite being varnished I imagine the LomoWall will soon disintegrate what with the glorious Manchester rain. I hope they get permission to do another. I think it'd be great as a rolling summer feature here with a different theme each time. The after party was pretty fun. Free booze and cookies. It was really hard to resist buying something but I managed. Plus I got a voucher for a free workshop so I might have to use that to try before I buy sometime. Andy is planning on using his to try out the Lomokino as he's into his film making y'know.

I should have some more photos of the LomoWall soon. Took some shots on my LC-A+ but haven't had them developed yet. Expect those this week though.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment