28 December 2011

Lomo Wednesday - stratski

Last Thursday I gave a very succinct glimpse at the shots of Lomographer stratski because I simply couldn't resist posting those misty dawn photographs. So for Lomo Wednesday I'm going to give you a more rounded look at her photographs. I go through periods of not seeing any shots I like on the Lomography website to suddenly finding loads I like then not knowing who to post about first. Next week's featured Lomographer has already been selected in fact. But for now here are some of my favourites from stratski.







No doubt you've noticed the preference for the black & white shots here. Makes a change from my preference to photographs taken with the LC-A. But I think you'll agree that photographing nature in black & white can give it such a beautifully haunting feel.

The other thing I noticed about stratski's Lomo home was the inclusion of some themed albums. Understandably I think most people upload their photographs and collate them according to the event they were taken for or the camera type or film used. Stratski has a few albums which contain nothing but photographs of one subject. Such as The Airplane Flies, an album which contains nothing but shots of airplanes flying above. And who hasn't at least contemplated if not shot a roll featuring all the local graffiti much like this signs album. Or my personal favourite Sleeping Beauty, an album featuring nothing but sleeping festival goers. I think it's a really sweet idea to keep a themed album together and I may well try it out in future should I notice a subject pattern emerge.

So there you have it, the delightful stratski. I hope you've enjoyed this selection of photographs and are encouraged to check out more of her photographs. And indeed the Lomography website in general. Opinions are always welcome!

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment