3 February 2012

Artsy Fartsy Friday

(I don't know if this will become a regular thing, this sharing of someone else's art but I did say this blog would be a mixed bag. And currently I'm on this little art kick and it feels right to share it.)

I'll say it again Tumblr is the greatest for finding inspiration. Personally I can't draw, I'm outrageously awful at it so I'm forever envious of anyone who can draw in any fashion. I do find myself following more and more Tumblrs that inspire me in mediums other than photography. One of my favourite art styles comes from the practitioner who practices their chosen medium pretty much every day alongside doing their bigger projects. And what I really like is artists who illustrate a daily thought or occurrence as a form of visual diary.

An example of this is Lizzy Stewart. I'd seen a couple of her drawings on Tumblr and liked/reblogged them as I felt that they represented a thought or feeling I'd had at some point. These came from Lizzy Stewart Diary and I've put some of my favourites below.


She has a great website which features her bigger projects - About Today. Some of my favourites from there include;- Bookcovers, Paintings That I Did Not Paint (I'd love a copy of this zine) and Living Things. She even has an Etsy shop selling some of her work, my chosen piece would be the Evening giclee print if you're asking.

I hope you like these as much as I do. I know I'll be following Lizzy's work from here on out and I'm excited to see what else she produces. Unsurprisingly she also had a blog which I'm now following - Things I Like About Today.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment