15 February 2012

Lomo Wednesday - lighthouse_keeperess

When I use the Lomography website it tends to be purely for looking at photographs by particular cameras or using particular films. I somewhat forget that there is a whole heap of articles and blogs on there from the users full of great information and handy reviews. And that's how I came about this week's Lomo home from lighthouse_keeperess. She wrote this article on her love for the Olympus brand - Love Affair with Olympus - which caught my eye because my Olympus OM10 was the first film SLR camera I bought for myself. I loved the photographs accompanying the article so I checked out her Lomo home and had to share.


THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PHOTOGRAPH EVER. (Probably).

All of these were taken using the Olympus OM10 and for me it's inspiring to see such beautiful simplicity taken with this camera. I'm finding myself falling more and more in love with the Nordic countries thanks to gorgeous landscape photos such as those seen above. These photographs happen to be of Iceland if you were wondering. There is a rural rawness to those countries that isn't often seen over here in the UK and I'd love to ramble amongst that taking my own photographs. Which would probably take me forever as I'd want to shoot every scene with each of my cameras.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed these photographs as much as I did. Please check out more of lighthouse_keeperess as she does have some gorgeous photographs taken using a couple of different Zenits including this stunning album - 2012 January Zenit E - which looks like she's gone through the wardrobe and into Narnia. Absolutely enchanting. Let me know what you think if you do have a nosey.

Laters,

P x

1 comment: