2 February 2012

Brooching It Up

In general I'm not one to adorn myself with jewellery and various accessories when dressing. Perhaps for a special occasion but that's about it. I have jewellery that I wear all the time and I'll put my Casio on when I'm going out but on the whole I don't bother with it. However this doesn't mean I don't enjoy the possibilities when it comes to accessorising an outfit. As a teen I was one of the awkward ones who could think of no better way to express myself than with multiple badges all over my bag. One of my favourites declared "I <3 fish fingers", a sentiment still true to this day. And I still retain a teenage love for badges and their grown up counterpart brooches.

Which is what leads me to share these brooches with you today. Seen on and indeed made by ohmyclumsyheart these great little brooches combine a few of my interests.


Three of my favourite animals and the skull of one of the greatest creatures ever to live? Glorious. I wear far too much black for these to be a viable accessory within my own outfits but I would sure as heck pin them onto anything colourful I might one day wear.

These aren't the only designs by the way. There is a rather cool bear brooch that I also wouldn't say no to, a pug brooch for the multitudes of pug lovers out there and a spiffing raven skull brooch if T-Rex isn't your thing. All of which can be found on Oh My Clumsy Heart Etsy alongside some equally awesome literature based jewellery. Check it out. Treat yo self.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment