31 January 2012

Animal Attraction

If you hadn't realised by now I'm quite the fan of Lomography and wanted to share one of their latest products. For Valentine's Day Lomography gave some of their products an animal themed make over and have released them as limited editions. I'm generally not usually bothered by this kind of thing but this time Lomography got me and they got me good.

Introducing the Diana Mini Leopard.


Isn't it gloriously trashy? That mix of pink and leopard print makes this edition of the Diana Mini into something of a fashion accessory as well as a fantastically fun camera. The Diana Mini has never really interested me until recently and then even more so with this make over. Being a 35mm camera makes the Diana Mini a pretty easy camera to use but it does offer the ability to shoot in two formats at the flick of a switch. So you can shoot in square format which is pretty cool but you can also shoot in half frame format which gives you twice the amount of exposures on one roll. Having experimented with the Splitzer on my Diana F+ I'm well aware of the fun of combining two shots on one print and I really like the idea of using the half frame format for a portraiture/still life project. Since this edition comes with the Diana Flash it's good to go day or night which opens up even more shooting possibilities. I'd say the Diana Mini Leopard is a stylish, fun addition to the Lomography family and I for one am happy to see it.

Unfortunately I can't really afford to buy the Diana Mini Leopard at the moment but I'll live in hope of owning one eventually. And if the pink leopard print isn't your thing then maybe you should check out the other new editions; Diana F+ Zebra, La Sardina Orinoco Ochre, Fisheye 2 Python and La Sardina Serpent Sapphire.

Also it's probably worth mentioning that Lomography are having a 3 for 2 sale on their own film right now! So stock up whilst you can.

Laters,

P x

No comments:

Post a Comment