24 January 2012

A Sudden Obsession

You know when you hear about a song and you give it a listen but it doesn't really do that much for you? Then a few weeks later you hear it again and suddenly it is YOUR song? That's happened with me and Gotye here.


I cannot get this song out of my head. The video even plays in my head at times and I find myself miming along. I just love everything about this song and video. It's the look on his face as he sings like he can't help but think of whoever this song is written about. I love that pained expression. And it's the way she cracks her back just as she begins to approach him for her attack. The painted background turned body paint is such a simple video concept and reminds me of another favourite music video of mine. And of course it does make me think on my last relationship in that makes you weak but makes you strong as well way.

Funny thing is since I re-discovered this song over the weekend quite a few people on my Facebook have posted the video as well. Seems Gotye is getting himself around.

Laters,

P x

2 comments:

  1. This song has been following me around for the last week!!
    My housemate has been playing it non stop, the tribute video that went viral (of 5 people playing one guitar? If you've not seen it.. find it) Turns out was actually created by friends of a friend of mine in Canada (Oh and they played it on the Ellen show!!), and then it was on the radio today cuz 6Music are on the ball <3

    Her voice reminds me so much of Katy Perry's and that's by no means a bad thing. Katy Perry can sing, she just sings... well... Katy Perry songs.

    I have a feeling it might end up being played through my own choosing far more often...

    Oh and... HI. Look who got a new blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough it's stalked me at YO Sushi today. Just before the fire alarm went off.

      I think Kimbra reminds me of Katy Perry looks-wise but wouldn't know voice-wise as I tend to avoid Katy Perry on principle.

      And oh heeeey new blogger! *follows*

      Delete