4 January 2012

The LC-A+'s first roll

As mentioned previously I ran the first roll of film through my LC-A+ last week. My dad took my nephew and me to the Blue Planet Aquarium and this felt like a good chance to test run my LC-A+. Took the roll to get developed today and to be honest, I'll a little disappointed. I certainly haven't got the delighted, happy in my pants feeling that seeing the first roll from my Olympus OM10 gave me. There's a couple of good shots but the majority are quite the blurry mess. The LC-A+ is touted as being brilliant in low light situations and I'd even put an ISO800 film in; Lomography's own ISO800 in fact. I suppose the fault lies with my focusing abilities then really. I didn't get the distances right or didn't keep my hands steady enough.

Here's the shots that did work out alright.


Yeah that's right, out of a roll of 36 only 3 were in focus. Not good odds. I guess since the LC-A+ is more automatic I need to learn to judge my focus distances better. There are a few slightly acceptable blurry shots that I kind of like as well.


So not great but I'm not deterred. Just means I've a little learning to do with my LC-A+. I'm still mega excited to own it and look forward to all the adventures I'll get to have with it along the way.

Laters,

P x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. Learning is great! haha.
    I love the camer, I own two vintage LC-As & they're my favorite compact cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete