27 January 2012

Art Meets Music

On Tuesday I made a quick little post about Gotye's video for "Somebody That I Used To Know" and I mentioned how it reminded me of another favourite music video of mine. Although these two songs and videos are actually vastly different, it's the whole art in music videos that makes the connection for me.

This is 70 Million by Hold Your Horses!


How ace is that?! If you're anything of an art fan then I can't see how you couldn't enjoy that video. I've long dabbled in an appreciation of art but in my first year of college one of our projects had to be art inspired and we also had to write about modern art for an essay. Whilst the majority of my classmates were bored by this I quite enjoyed it. Well I enjoyed the learning part of it, not so much the essay part. But that's beside the point. Of course it would be a bunch of Frenchies that this video belongs to. But it makes me smile each time I watch it. It features lots of great reconstructions of famous paintings. It's just a fun video all round and the tune is kinda catchy.

Art is such a funny old thing. I don't feel Manchester has enough places in which one can indulge in the more classically known art. I went to the National Gallery t'other year and I honestly could have spent all day in there. And I won't mention the fact I've never been to the Tate. I need a big, arty week in London this year for definite.

Anyways I hope you like this video as much as I do.

Laters,

P x

1 comment:

  1. London London London London London London London London London London London London London London London London London :D
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete